CSI Criminal Justice Program - Anthropology, Geography, Law Enforcement, Pre-Law, Social Work, Criminal Justice, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology
Criminal Justice Program Objectives
- To examine the social, philosophical, and historical perspectives of criminal behavior and the administration of criminal justice.
- To introduce students to major criminal procedure concepts and examine how corresponding Supreme Court precedent impacts criminal procedure.
- To introduce students to the historical development of policing in America and contemporary policing theories.
- To introduce students to the historical development of corrections in America and contemporary correctional theories.
- To introduce students to the law of criminal evidence and examine how criminal evidence law is applied during a criminal trial.
- To prepare students for transfer to a four year criminal justice program and upper-division course work in criminal justice administration.
- To prepare students for entry level positions in the criminal justice field.