The Social Science Department Goals include to:
- help students understand important facts, concepts, and theories of Social Science subjects.
- help students acquire techniques and methods used to gain new knowledge in the disciplines.
- help students learn to distinguish between fact and opinion.
- teach students to use evaluation, analysis and synthesis to interpret and solve problems.
- teach students to use different perspectives from the social sciences to make better-informed decisions.
- help students acquire an informed understanding of various cultures.
- prepare students to transfer to a university.