CSI Law Enforcement Program - Anthropology, Geography, Law Enforcement, Pre-Law, Social Work, Criminal Justice, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology
Law Enforcement Program Objectives
- Offer students Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) curriculum allowing them to meet standards outlined for P.O.S.T. certification.
- To understand the importance of ethical and moral behavior associated with the Law Enforcement field.
- Acquire knowledge of various techniques and methods used by police officers including written and oral communication.
- Introduce students to Idaho law as it pertains to the criminal code, traffic code, criminal procedures and rules of evidence.
- Establish student proficiency in the use of law enforcement equipment.
- Introduce students to problem resolution and decision making skills as they relate to the performance of police duties.