Psychology Program Objectives
The student earning an Associate of Arts degree in Psychology at CSI will benefit according to his/her long-term goals
as they relate to his/her education in psychology. The Psychology major will benefit with regard to:
- Personal Enrichment
- Breadth of knowledge – The student will gain mastery of a breadth of knowledge of the discipline of psychology.
- Depth of knowledge – The student will gain mastery of a depth of knowledge of the discipline of psychology.
- Enhanced Employability
- Critical thought – The student will be well practiced as a critical consumer of information.
- Professional writing – The student will be well practiced in professional written communication.
- Junior-level Transferability
- Scientific capability – The student will be well-prepared as a potential contributor to scientific discovery in psychology.
- Career-focused education plan – The student will be well-prepared for upper-division coursework in psychology.